What is sustainability for us?
Events begin with an idea and the development of a concept, which will have a great impact on the sustainability of the event. When planning the design of the event, devote consideration to minimizing the negative environmental and social impact of the event. Plan energy-efficient devices, recyclable or reusable materials and modular furniture and trade show systems. Try to avoid trash e.g. by using video projections instead of digital prints.
Eliminating barriers is also an important demonstration of social responsibility, and should be pursued from the beginning. Ensure barrier-free solutions for the stage setup, e.g. accessibility of the stage, with no steps, good visibility, secure orientation for people with sensory deficiencies, wheelchair-accessible lecterns and adjustable tables, as well as audio-visual communication aids.
Design your stage setup in such a way that the stage can be quickly set up and taken apart, e.g. by using lightweight materials. In this way, shipping volume and weight can be substantially reduced.
Events use a lot of technical equipment, since lighting, sound and video reinforce the impact of the brand experience. BUT: the more technical equipment is used, the higher the power consumption, unless a few details are heeded:
- LED lighting equipment, LCD video displays and laser hybrid projections help conserve electricity without sacrificing lighting quality.
- Use battery-operated microphones. It conserves resources which would be consumed by non-reusable batteries.
- During periods of light use, make sure that rooms are only heated and lit when they are in use.
- Is no one at the stand? Then turn off the light.
- When selecting loudspeakers, make sure the sound is sufficiently concentrated (direct sound, minimal diffuse sound).
There are still few alternatives for materials like metals, fabric, wood and plastics. Nevertheless, there are some things you can do:
- Execute your projects exclusively with FSC-certified wood, whether for stage set-up or all of the bases for your digital prints.
- When using carpets, pay attention to the relevant recycling chain. Our carpets are collected, sent back to the manufacturer and fully recycled.
- Avoid non-reusable materials. Renting furniture is a better alternative. We have a large selection of furniture available, and if we do not have the right furniture in stock, we will build it, working together with regional suppliers. Our focus is on the durability of the products.
- Aluminum frames are better than wood frames, since they can be reused. The same applies for the use of modular furniture systems and reusable trade show construction systems using bee board.
- Instead of cable ties and adhesive tape, traditional Velcro should be used. This will reduce the mountain of trash after the event.
- Avoid plastic foil when packing. Pallets are better for shipping.
- By law, materials in the event sector are sprayed and therefore harmful to the environment. Accordingly, they should be kept in circulation as long as possible. After the event, we take our materials back and inspect them, after which they are cleaned and refinished if necessary.
Take a look at our common good balance sheet. In Sections D3, Ecological design of our services, and D4, Social design of products and services, we point out practices for eco-friendly and socially responsible event design.
Other advantages for you
- When you work with satis&fy, you are automatically selecting a sustainable solution. The trash from a large number of events is brought back to our locations and recycled. Whether steel and metal scrap, paper, plastics, old batteries or special waste, we dispose of everything completely and sustainably. Film and plastics which come back from our events are collected at our locations, compressed, and handed over to supervised destruction specialists.
- We have several German and international locations. This allows us to combine shipments, avoiding empty runs and long drives. Smart shipping logistics allows us to cut down on driving.
- Our large number of locations allows us to put together local teams for your event, which saves on driving and travel costs, as well as the cost of prior inspections.
- We provide training. More than 50 trainees are currently undergoing training with us. In this way, we can secure the specialists of tomorrow.
- We are socially engaged, supporting many regional art and cultural projects with technology and manpower.
- Team spirit is very important to us. We respect and value each other, and we assist each other at events. Aside from being socially responsible, this conduct also helps prevent accidents on the construction site.